Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22 baking cookies

First- I posted a total of 4 days of pictures, so if you have not seen anything since St. Nick's Day (06Dec, go back and look at pictures from 07, 14/18, and 20 December).
 
First real day of Christmas break- the boys are off school until 02Jan, going back to school on 05Jan and I am off work the same time.  Today, we started the day by baking cookies.  3 types, candy cookies, sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies.
 
 
Bug helped me make the dough for the gingerbread and then while that dough chilled in the refrigerator, BB and I made the sugar cookie dough.

The boys decorated the cookie candies- dip the cookies in melted chocolate and then into chocolate sprinkles or nuts.  Unusally I have coconut too, but apparently I forgot to buy the coconut.


They each got to roll out the gingerbread dough.




They decorated the sugar cookies before baking them. 


 
I think they had a good time.  Tomorrow, they will decorate the gingerbread cookies with icing and then I think we are set for Christmas.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment