Thursday, January 04, 2018

Christmas and a New Year

It has been a busy few weeks.  The New Year has started and we are slowly getting back into the rhythm of our normal schedule.
 
This is the New Year's Super Moon over my neighborhood on the 1st.  This is about 8 in the morning, maybe 7:30.

On New year's eve, we took our AFS student (I am her liaison) to see the lights on the hill.  You drive this sculpture park that is all decorated with Christmas lights.  It was pretty.  She wanted to go see the lights at the zoo, but the temperatures were -13 F (which is something like -20 C) with the wind and that is just tooooooo cold to be outside walking around.




On the 30th, we celebrated the first birthday of H1 and H2.  They turned one on the 26th, but this was a chance for us all to come by.  It was only the second time I have seen the girls since they were born, and I am guessing that is the way it will be.  I made the girls fleece blankets and we gave them each a book.

H1 and H2 eating their cake.

This is H1- really H2 by birth, but H1 by name. She was happy to eat gold fish crackers while I held her.  She is sooooo tiny.  She is about the weight of Rocket when he was little.

H2's birthday cake.  Each cake had their name on it.  There was a separate cake for the guests to eat.
 

Great- grandma (my sister's husband's mother) holding H1.  H1 was happy to interact with everyone and smile.  H2 was not smiling or interacting at all.

Rocket in his new bunk bed.  We are on a new adventure in 2018, we are opening our house to foster kids.  Maybe there will be kids that get to stay forever, but the goal of fostering in the US is for the kids to be reunited with their birth parents or family.  So we will have kids come and go.  I will not be able to show them on the blog at all because of government rules, but I might I say we have more kids in the house for a while.  More to come on this as things develop.

Sunrise last week- it looks like the sky is on fire!

Rocket with his new hair cut- just like Ronaldo

the new taco place that our friend, Lisa, showed us.  this is from Tortilleria Gracia.  Fresh made tacos.  They also sell masa and tamales.  Masa if I want to make my own tamales or fresh tamales if making them is too much for me.  Excitement!!


Rocket with his 2 favorite gifts from Christmas- the US practice jersey and the official soccer ball from the CONCACAF cup.


Love and hugs to you all,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment