Wednesday, March 21, 2018

another month, more adventures

So, another month has gone by and I am still not posting on a regular basis.  I think the issue is that Rocket hates getting his picture taken now and so I am not taking quite so many pictures any more, which then leads to me to forget to post when I do have pictures.
 
this is the park by the river during the flooding.  the river rose about 20 feet above flood stage.  this was not even the worst- there was more rain the next day and the water was higher.  I wanted to take us down to the river to see the flooding, but we never made it.  I stole this picture off facebook.

Rocket had to interview a vet for one of his boy scout badges.  this is the vet that takes care of Pablo.  We got to tour the clinic and see all the fun machines.
 

the weekend of 03march was the Home and Garden show- YEA!!!!!  My happy place

Garden, with a stream

the patio I want to have one day.  Mam and Lulu went with me, but I forgot to get a picture of the 3 of us.

the weekend of the 10th, I took Rocket on an adventure.  We did part of the donut trail.  it is a series of 12 donut shops that if you get a stamp at each stop and once you get a stamp from all the shops you get a free tee shirt.  Of course we had to get a donut at each shop.  we stopped at 3 of the stores this time. 

I like the little signs in the stores about the donut trail

this is the one donut I should not have had.  it is a cheesecake filled donut and it is way too rich to eat at one time.   Lesson learned.

Rocket enjoying his donut at the last shop where they also had a checker board set up.  So we got to sit and enjoy our donuts while playing checkers.

My last donut for the day.

Some snow from a week ago.  it would snow, then be sunny, melt all the snow and then an hour later do it all over again.  the snow was pretty because it melted right away

Indian food with the exchange student from Pakistan.

First soccer practice of the year on Wednesday 14Marh.  It was cold and I was not happy.

Saturday, I went quilting with a friend.  We did "mystery quilting".  We were told what to buy for fabrics- something that made us happy (1 jelly roll) and then a neutral jelly roll.  I picked a jelly roll that was blues and greens and then a cream colored neutral.  I know it looks white, but it is cream colored.
 
then on the day, we are told the clues on how to sew it all together.  1 clue every 30 minutes or so.


Me quilting and laughing at whatever my friend was telling me.

this is the pattern that the rows make once they are cut apart and then sewn into the pattern.  the Pattern is called "summer in the park" but I think it looks like diamonds or X's and O's.

this is what mine is starting to look like.  You can definitely see the X' and O's close up.

this is the craptastic snow from this morning.  5 inches of snow (it was still snowing at this point).  No school for Rocket and lots of accidents on the road.  I am done with snow and winter.

the backyard.  Pablo is over the snow too.  He is ready for warm weather so he can lay on the porch and warm up his old bones.
 
 
Well that is it for now. 
 
Love and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment