Saturday, April 07, 2018

April showers- rain and snow

April has started with a Bang.  Snow on Easter night, then thunderstorms on Tuesday and snow again today.  I am so done with winter.  I am ready for some warmer weather, opening the windows and breathing fresh air.
Moe pictures today from the new camera.


Spring flowers in the front garden.  These guys can take some snow and cold.

The bird feeders in the back yard.  There is a woodpecker on the front (square) feeder.  This picture decided for me that I definitely need the other lens before we go to Guatemala.  I should be able to pick it up next month.


The backyard on Monday morning after the snow on Easter night.  We filled the bird feeders Sunday evening and this is how empty they are in the morning.  We have some very greed guts birds.




Tuesday was rain! we went from temperatures below freezing on Monday to 70 F on Tuesday.  We had thunderstorms and there were tornadoes abut 50 miles (1 hour) north of us.

The lake forming at the drainage intake in our neighbors yard- 2 doors down from us.

The yearly pond under the trampoline.

Yesterday, Friday, I took Pablo out to the park for a walk.  Another excuse to use the camera

daffodils at the park

Curvy tree branch

I was surprised to see the turtles out sunning themselves.




a cathedral of trees.

The prairie field that was burned last year.  You would never know it had been burned.

The roots of a fallen tree.

squirrel in the woods.  Another confirmation that I need to get the lens with the better zoom.

Mushrooms growing on a fallen tree.

We are finishing up Rocket's Spring break.  He had some fun with friends on Thursday and Friday.  I was busy working.  Perhaps I need to reconsider working on his off days- there are not many days left with him (ok, it is years, but I see the end coming as he gets older).  So the plan for next year is to spend the time with him.  The hell with work deliverables, they will be there when I get back.

Rocket is off to a friend's party tonight.  The parents are there to keep an eye on things.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment