Monday, October 15, 2018

another month has passed- catching up again


 
I took some momma time and dragged the kids to a quilt show.  I spend hours a week running them to activities and sitting around the house while they are playing outside, so this was for me.  It was a local show that was a 3 day conference too, so I was expecting lots of quilts- I was pretty disappointed.  We were through the 3 rooms (including the sales floor) in under 1.5 hours.  Not worth the ticket price- but I was jonesing for some quilts. 
 
this is one above is a minky quilt (super soft), whole cloth (meaning no piecing), showing off quilting.  Lots of quilters use these for baby quilts- but I have learned that minky fabric is recycled plastic and if there is a fire, the quilt will melt to your baby/kids skin!!!!  Never using minky again.
 
 


this one is pieced- it is like painting with fabrics and then the quilting adds shading.



Rocket loved this one.  I thought is was great too, unfortunately it is also a minky quilt.
 


Hawaiian quilt- I like the colors. this one is done using the same technique to make paper snowflakes.  it might be something I try eventually, but not any time soon.

this is not one large piece cut like paper snowflakes, this is all pieced together to make the snowflake.  I think it would have looked better in blue or in white on blue, but that is me.


this one is cool- love the colors but so not doing this one for a long time.  it is paper piecing (all the wedges are done in paper with the fabric around them, then sewn together and then the paper pulled out before finishing it.

 
this one is just happy and I like how the quilting looks like rays out of the center.  Very cool quilt.

this one was in a sales booth- the guy will send you the design already cut out, you just add it to your own fabric.  I am considering it- I LOVE Dragons.

the rainbow over my house- with the interesting PINK sky.  I was a bit worried about the sky color, then remembered in our area, we worry about GREEN skies.  Green skies mean that we are in tornado weather.  Pink skies just mean there is a lot of ash in the air (from the forest fires out west).

Darrell celebrated his 54th birthday. 
 
The school walkaton was the first Friday in October.  these are the junior teachers, love them all.
that night, rocket went to friend's house to play video games.  I stayed and played cards with the mom and K was away for respite (a break for all of us, she from us, us from her).  She spent the weekend away and Rocket and I got to reconnect.  He just wanted to hang out with me on Saturday and that was nice.
 

On the home front, I am getting ready to reinstall the shower surround- it finally came off and the installers wont call me back.  I called a handyman company to come out and give me an estimate on re-installing the surround.  he was honest and said it was simple to do and gave me the name of the compound I need to pick up at the home improvement store.

Last night's dinner- it looked awesome.  grilled chicken (Rocket did the grilling), green beans and masked potatoes.
 
 
Well that is about it now.  This Sunday is the family birthday party for K.  She is turning 12 next week.   this week Rocket has his last regular soccer game (his team is 9-1-1 for the year).   he starts soccer tournaments on 27Oct.   And he has basketball skills assessment (AKA team tryouts) this Thursday.  Busy, Busy, Busy.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb











No comments:

Post a Comment