Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Taco Tuesday, lights, zoo and Thanksgiving- ending November on a high note

We have moved into the holiday season here in the US.   Our holiday season started last week- the kids had one day of school and then were off for the rest of the week.  I had to work 2 days and then I was off.  My holiday started Tuesday night, I got to go out with my friends and the kids to our favorite taco place.  Tortilleria Garcia is AWESOME!!  These are 2 of my tacos, plus we had refried beans and rice.   It was a nice start to the holiday week.

Rocket had a friend spend the night on Tuesday and stay through the day/evening on Wednesday.  
 
Wednesday is pie making day here.   I made 2 types of pies, but a total of 3 pies.  This is the apple pie.   It had no issues.   The pumpkin pie was the issue- first pie I left out the evaporated milk so it was more like a pudding pie.   I had to remake it on Thursday- I don't normally cook pies on Thanksgiving, but it all worked out.

After baking- YUMMMMMMMM

Wednesday afternoon, we went to the zoo for the lights.   We did pick up sis' brother, so me and the 4 kids.   Sis was happy to be with her brother, but she was determined to turn the night into a negative- I am not sure why she does that, but she is always looking for the negative side of things, trying to have a reason to loose her temper or cause a disruption.

Rocket and his buddy.

Sis and her brother

We got to see Fiona- our zoo's baby hippo.  She is sooooo cute
 

Me and the boy- he is silly with this smile

The teenager faces- I don't think they smile at all



teenagers smiling.  It looks like they are in pain



Rocket and his friend had to set up for the boy scout tree sale on Thanksgiving and then get all the trees unloaded on the day after Thanksgiving.  He loves hanging out with these friends.

Thanksgiving Turkey- on the smaller side this year, but still yummy.  I brined the turkey this year- that is I soaked it in seasoned salt water for 24 hours before cooking. it was juicy and a little more salty then I like.  But I will do this cooking technique again



All of us for dinner.  My sister and brother-in-law were at his family for this year, but they stopped by earlier in the day.

the Christmas tree is up- just not decorated.  



Working the boy scout tree sale on Saturday night.  These are the brothers of Rocket's friend who went to the zoo with us.   We worked the mid shift on Friday (2-6 pm) and then on Saturday night (5-9 pm).  We sold 20 trees in our shifts so things are going well for the scouts.  We have one more night to work- the night of 05Dec.  We will work with another scout family that night.  
The boys are eating pie after eating the hot dogs I brought for dinner.   Pie is awesome.
 
The kids have 3 weeks left of school this year- then we hit the Christmas break and school resumes in January.  I am not sure I am ready for that- that means there are only 5 more months of school for Rocket before his graduation.  I am not ready to have a high school boy.  He is growing up way too fast.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment