Monday, January 07, 2019

New Year- catching up already

Christmas break was just what I needed.  I tried to keep it low key so that I could rest and have time to stay focused.  Overall the weather was great and the kids could get outside regularly through the break.  I did not take as many pictures this holiday as I usually do- something to do with sis always wanting to be in every picture and/or wanting a picture of every movement she made.  I know it seems harsh, but I just wanted to take a break of where she is the center of everything.  Huge struggle for her because she definitely sees herself in competition for attention if there is anyone else around.
 
As seen here- I was talking to Aidan and she demanded that I take a picture of her in the tree house.   Anything to draw attention away from whomever or whatever has my attention at the time.
Like I would forget her in the moments I am not interacting with her.

Me on the hike.  

Tons of woods, less than a mile from our house.  I forgot how pretty this area is.  I think we will be going regularly just to get out of the house and to be as a family- just a quick hike in the woods for about an hour.

The kids at the playground

Me, the dog (can't forget to take him too), and the boy at the park

A few days later, I went walking with my friend while we had some momma time.  Just 2 hours of us getting some lunch and then a walk.  You can see the cardinal on the branch (second from the bottom)- that bird was fearless


The squirrels were every where and quite comfortable walking up to me and E.  I think if Pablo was there, they would have been running in fear from the dog.

On the 30th, Rocket and I went to the symphony to see Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets.   The symphony played all the music live while the movie was playing.  The concert hall had all the house banners hanging up.
Rocket and I decided we are in Gryffyndor.




Us in our house scarves.   Sis does not like Harry Potter so she stayed home.


And Jason and Sarah joined us for the concert.  So much fun!!!

New Year's eve party spread- just me and the kids.   Sis thought everyone was coming over despite me telling her it was just our family for the party.  She also was not happy that it was just us.   She and Rocket stayed up until Midnight and enjoyed the fireworks set off by our neighbors.  But she should have gone to bed much earlier- she can not handle being up later like this and it showed in the coming days.

New Year's Day, we went walking at another park.  Because it had been raining for a few days, the lake was flooded.  The ducks are swimming where we usually walk.  there is a walkway about 3 feet below this water that is usually high and dry. 


This sign is usually 2-3 feet up the bank from the water's edge!!!

Walking the bridge.  My friend L came with us on the walk.   Sis was not happy and is just in front of L.  She was mad because she wanted to walk the dog, but the dog was having no part of walking with her- Pablo is very leery of sis since she tends to play too rough and ends up hurting him.


This is what a 13 year looks like when he plays 2 full soccer games on a Saturday night (they won both games)- he was out before 9 pm.  I did not have heart to wake him up to send him to bed, so he slept on the couch until I went to bed at 11 pm.
 
Sis and I spent the night (last night) at the emergency room.  Rocket stayed up at home, so all of us are now running on 5 hours of sleep today.  I think it is going to be an early night for all of us.
 
the few pictures from Christmas Eve will be posted tomorrow.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment