Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving festivities 2021

 Pictures will come later tonight.   I have been thinking a lot about my dad this week.  I think because we are more than 6 months since his death and we are further along in our grieving that we can let different thoughts in- not so much in the fog of dealing with the tasks after his death.


Some commercials spark thoughts and then watching the Lions vs Bears game today, the national anthem was sung in a Motown style which Wads would have loved.

We continue to get his estate closed out, 2 more tasks (selling the house and paying his taxes for 2021) and his estate is closed and we focus on mom and getting prepared for her final journey.  It sounds so horrible, but I see it coming.  She can't remember her neighbors (we had one of her closest neighbors/friends over 3 weeks ago), she can't stay focus more than 30 seconds on a task- makes it hard to play games with her and have her help with tasks.  It is hard to watch and then with her not walking as much, I think by Easter she will be a wheel chair every time we go out.  I feel sad, I think she will be gone within 2 years.   

I am grateful for this time with her, but it is so hard to watch.



Love and hugs,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment