Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Quick update- no pictures

Hijo has been sick since Friday:
 symptoms
low grade fever- right around 100F
2 episodes of vomiting (all clear liquid)
1 episode of diarrhea

We spent 3 hours in urgent care on Sunday after he spiked a fever of 104.4 which quickly dropped back to 100F.  The doctor did a rapid streph test which came back negative.  She also looked at his ears, one was clear and one was full of wax (hijo is a wax builder).

Monday, hijo was supposed to have his last shot to start school, but due to the continuing fever we spent the morning with the doctor discussing what could be going on.  The end result was we were told to wait another day and then if he still had a fever, we could call the doctor again and discuss options.

Tuesday- hijo awoke with no fever!!!!  he stayed home another day with me because I was not sure the no fever would last.  he was feeling so good, by lunch, I asked Mam and Pap to come pick him up so I could work without my little man hanging on my arm while I was in conference calls.  he was fine watching TV while I was just working, but the moment I was on the phone, he wanted my complete and utter attention and he was determine to make sure he was heard during the calls.  One client would have been fine with listening to him, but the other client- no way.  So hijo had play time with Mam and Pap and he felt fine.

Tuesday evening: he is still not 100% better, he is still not eating as well as I would like, but he is drinking fluids and he is choosing fruits, so I really can not complain.


All day long I have been doing laundry trying to kill all the germs on his bedding, the sofa covers and in the pillows.  I am on my 5th load of laundry today and I have 2 more loads at least to do tomorrow.

So there never  was a diagnosis on what Hijo had.  I have my theories- a sinus infection, allergies are the top choices.  what this does continue to point out is that while his doctor is wonderful, the wait ans see approach when I can see hijo sick is not working for me.  I am tired of watching him suffer through illnesses and suffer through them.  so right after school starts and the doctor's offices calm down from school physicals, I am going to start interviewing a new doctor for hijo.  I am not willing to go through the school year, where I know hijo will be sick due to being around lots of kids every day and feeling like the doctor is not going to account for the emotional toll that being sick and watching him be sick is taking. 

I don't his doctor to give him an antibiotic every time he is sick, but I do expect that I am listened too.  3 days of a low grade fever is not good, 4 days is worse.  being asked to wait until day 5 before solutions would be considered is not acceptable.

So anyway.  Hijo is better and he goes back to Lulu's tomorrow.  He has 3 more weeks with her and then we will be ready for school to start.

Love and hugs,
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment