Saturday, August 28, 2010

first day of outdoor soccer

Today, Bug finally got to play soccer outside.  This was his request in the Spring and he had to wait until now due to the soccer schedules around here.  He is on the gold team and I am the coach!!!!!  Thank goodness for 2 seasons of soccer indoors so I know some drills and what to help them with.  Since I am the coach, I have no pictures from today's practice. There are from the time before we started when I was playing with Bug.  He gets his team tee shirt at the next practice/game day- which is 11Sep2010.  No practice next week as it is a national holiday weekend here in the US.
Bug had a great time and I did too.  There are 8 kids on the team, although only 7 practiced today.  One is very shy and she left right after arriving.  I totally understand that having been there with Bug when he was 3.

The schedule is set up to have 1/2 hour practices and then 1/2 hour "games".  There will be referees, but the score will not be kept.  So My goal as a coach is to teach the kids to have fun and work as a team- passing the ball and kicking at the goal.  Any suggestions would be great.

Love and hugs,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. BRAVO NENE!!! ME ENCANTA VERLO JUGAR SOCCER.
    PAPI CARLOS

    ReplyDelete