Monday, January 14, 2013

catching up- Week of 11Jan2013

I think I have the issue with loading pictures fixed.  Hopefully things continue to work.  Off to last week in pictures.

First, I had a work trip to Boston.  It was a one day trip and I got into Boston on Tuesday evening.  I had dinner at the hotel restaurant- the crab cakes are so good, they are a treat I look forward to each time I go to Boston.  But, this time, the crab cakes held a bad thing- a crab shell.  I broke my tooth on the shell, the second to the last bite of crab cake.  I spent the night and the next day making sure I did not put food in the left side of my mouth. 


When I got home, mam had called the dentist for me and I had my tooth repaired on Thursday morning.  It took 3 Novocaine shots to numb my mouth to do the repair and the medicine made me sick for the entire day.  I think it will be a long time before I eat crab cakes again, which is sad since I will be going back to Boston at the end of the month.  Yet again, I will be spending my birthday away from home. 

Bug started soccer again on Thursday.  I swear this kid grows overnight.

he is really coming along with his soccer skills.  He is still one to hang back from the crowd of players around the ball, but he certainly never looses sight of the ball and he is a super defender.



On Friday night, Bug had his pack meeting for cub scouts.  This was the meeting he has been looking forward to for months- Popcorn awards!!  Bug sold over $700.00 of popcorn this year, so he earned a number of prizes.  He choose the camping kit (compass, binoculars, water bottle and pocket knife).  he also received a travel kit, a lego set, gift certificates to spend at the scout store and a free ticket to see the local hockey team.  Above all this, he earned the right to smash whipped cream pies into the faces of his pack master and the popcorn helper.  He was beyond excited about these  2 prizes.



smashing a pie into Mr. Jim's face.  Mr Jim told the boys that anyone who sold at least $100.00 in popcorn could smash a pie in his face.  15 boys in the pack earned this right.

Mr. Jim was covered.  The janitor for the building came in to tell us he could hear us laughing all the way at the other end of the school.  it was a riot.

Mrs G told the boys that anyone who sold at least $700.00 in popcorn could smash a pie into her face.  I don't think she was expecting 7 boys to sell that much popcorn.  She wimped out a little, she had a poncho, goggles, and a face scarf. But the boys enjoyed the fun.  I am thinking, this reward for popcorn sales is not going to be repeated next year.





I think I am caught up now on blogging.  We have a holiday weekend coming up and a good portion of the weekend will be spent cleaning and organizing. 

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Deb, congratulations to Nene, good prizes, I definitely believe that motivate kids to work all pays off .... was fun ... until we imagine and laugh a lot to see the photos.

    You have reason Nene is getting bigger and promises to be a great guy, good thing you are better and as you said at the beginning of every year there is a lot to organize.

    Thanks for sharing, we love you very much, greetings and hugs,

    Familia Pineda Caceres

    ReplyDelete