Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Today is my favorite holiday, a time with friends and family, just hanging out.  We had an earlier start to the day then expected when Mam called at 7:30 am to ask if we were up and ready for them to come over.  She was our wake up call.  Mam and Pap arrived, we had some sweet rolls and fruit salad for breakfast.  We settled in to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.  Half way thru the parade, I started the turkey.
 
I had a little puppy dog shadow all morning while getting the turkey into the oven.


Me telling Pablo, No.

 Turkey into the oven.  I was expecting it to be done at 2 pm, but it decided to get done at 1 pm.  We started dinner at 1:45 pm


Bug with his huge turkey leg/wing. 

The boys and Mam.  Jason refused to smile.



My delicious pumpkin  pie.
It was a good day.  We missed Auntie Laura being at the house, she was home sick.  Bug and I are taking Mam and Pap to the movies tomorrow and then in the evening we are going to the festival of lights for a few hours.  Saturday I hope to get some quilting done and get the Christmas trees put up.

From our house to yours, Happy Thanksgiving,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment