Saturday, February 08, 2014

catching up from Boston

I never finished my pictures from Boston.  We had a team "dinner" on Tuesday night.  Dinner was drinks and appetizers.  Nice appetizers, but still appetizers.  It was good to talk to the team in a more relaxed setting.

Regulatory lead, medical monitor and project manager- all from Europe

Project manager and me- enjoying the evening

My boss handing me a cupcake
 

Wednesday was a stressful day, woke up to 6 inches of snow and worried most of the day that my flight home would be delayed or cancelled.  Me with my angel Bug before the day starts.

After our meeting ended, before some of us got to head to the airport.  At this point my flight was still on time.  The plane going home was coming in from Europe, so unlike the small planes from elsewhere in the US that were cancelled, my plane had a good chance to leave Boston. 
This is our contract lead with the project manager.

Our Program lead working before heading to the airport.

The other project manager working hard

Medical monitor and me, ready to go

Leaving Boston. They were cleaning up the streets, any and all vehicles had snow plows on them and then in addition there were bobcats getting snow piled up.  They are definitely efficient in Boston in getting the streets cleared.


The snow berms along the street- the sidewalks are cleared and the sidewalk crossing areas are also cleared. This is about 30 minutes after the snow stopped. 
 
My flight was delayed about an hour because of needing to have the snow cleared off it and then have the de-icing solution put it.  I thought the flight would be full since the other 3 flights to Cincinnati were cancelled thru the day, but the flight was pretty empty.  So empty, everyone on the flight had a row to themselves.  I got to stretch out my legs and relax on the way home.
 
Next trip is the first week of March to Barcelona, Spain!
 
Bug and I finished the week with the Lego Movie on Friday night and a quiet Saturday at home. Lots to do tomorrow including Bug's last home basketball game and some reports for me for work. Maybe this week, we will get some warmer weather and break out of this cold snap.  I am ready for Spring.
 
love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment