Saturday, February 01, 2014

birthday celebration and feeding the birds

We had my family birthday celebration today.  I got to wear the fun hat and sign "happy birthday to me" (a family tradition).  The weather was so nice, that I grilled chicken and enjoyed being outside.  Warmer is all relative, it was around 50 degrees F today, which is 70 degrees warmer than last week.  Most of the snow is melting now, but of course, we are expecting more snow later this week.

I had a yummy cake, chocolate with nutella in the middle, chocolate icing and cherries on top.  Yummy. 

Earlier this week, due to the cold and snow, Bug and I made bird feeders.  We took toilet paper rolls, covered them in peanut butter, then rolled them in bird seed. We hung the bird feeders around the yard.  It took Pablo 2 days to find them and pull 2 of them down.  Thankfully the birds had eaten most of the seeds.

 
I am off to Boston again this week, so I will be writing to bug for the next few days so he can see what I am doing. But first we have another basketball game tomorrow and the Super bowl to watch.
 
love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment