Saturday, January 10, 2015

catching with dinner at the Japanese steak house/sushi place

After Christmas, we pretty much did nothing.  The boys played Legos and worked on the Rubick's cube while I read.  It was nice.  Everyone went back to school and work on Monday, 05Jan.  It was hard.  BB has started practice for Volleyball.  He has practice Monday and Wednesday 9-10:30 pm.  You read that right, 9-10:30 pm on a school night.  He is exhausted by Wednesday.  We try to have quiet night on Thursday and get the boys to bed early.  But neither of boys catches up on sleep until Friday night/Saturday morning.
 
The boys had a snow day on Thursday this week, which helped both of them catch up on sleep.  the temperature on Thursday morning was -4 F with a wind chill down to -25 F.  I am glad the boys had the day off as I was not looking forward to standing outside waiting for the bus.  BB is riding a bus to school as of this year.  Unfortunately, of the 4 school days this week, the bus picked him up 1 time.  I don't think the bus company likes me now because I have called to complain each day he has not been picked up.  He has come home on the bus without any issues.  We'll see how this week goes, but I am not holding my breath that it will be any better.  Because BB has not picked up for school, I have had to drive him to school, which means I drive Bug to school too because we can't get BB to school and get back home before Bug's bus comes to pick up kids at the corner.
 
Today, I surprised the boys with dinner at Kabuto"s.  It is Japanese steak house/sushi place.  We have never been.  I was not sure if the food would be good and I was worried about Bug liking everything.  BB got the sushi and said it was as good as the sushi in Japan.  Bug has the hibachi chicken and loved it.  Bug did not like the veggies with dinner, so BB ate his.  Bug does not like broccoli, even though he used to love it.

BB had miso soup with his dinner, while Bug and I had a clear chicken soup.  I think BB was happy to have Japanese food.

The hibachi grill with the yummy veggies

Tuna sushi with wasabi on top.

BB's sushi plate- there was lots more on it, but he happily eating it all

My shrimp, fried rice and veggies

this is what the sushi plate looked like to start with.  the stuff in the upper right corner is pickled ginger.  BB gave me a taste and it was ok.  the rice rolls are California rolls.  BB likes those too. 
 
it has been a good holiday season and we are slowly getting back into our routine.  I am already counting days until the unofficial start to Spring.  As of Friday, we had 47 more days. 
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment