Monday, April 20, 2015

the weekend Part 1

This weekend, I took the family to the zoo.  Saturday was very warm, almost 80 degrees F and sunny, so out of the house and off to the zoo we went.  We got a late start because of homework, resting and housework, and I think most of the city had the same idea.  But it was a good day.

We saw the new lion cubs, seen here with dad and mom.  There are 3 cubs laying in the sun behind mom.

We saw the cheetah statue, not the cheetahs though as we missed the cheetah show and the cheetahs were laying in the shade in their area.

The Ostriches were out and it was cool seeing them

The African Painted Dogs were out, the older ones and the 10 pups born over the winter.
 The pups are up against the wall, in the shade. 




One of the real reasons we went to the zoo, was that I wanted to see the blooms.  100s of thousands of daffodils and tulips are planted in the fall and are blooming now.  I get so many ideas for my gardens.


BB and I touched a little lizard.  it was so soft, much different then I expected.  The lizard's skin was like touching silk.

My boys.  Only 8 more weeks with BB. He will be heading home on 29June. We are trying to pack lots of things in before he goes.

The manatees were enjoying the warm waters and sun






Bug was having a rough day.  he got in trouble before we left for the zoo and the heat really did not improve his attitude.  Mam was happy to be out with us.

The African penguins were enjoying the sun.

more photos coming tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment