Sunday, February 07, 2016

Catholic Schools Mass- downtown

Rocket was asked to represent OLG at the Mass downtown.  I was able to take the time off to join him for this honor.  This is Rocket with B (8th grader) on the front stairs of the Cathedral downtown.  I have never been in the cathedral.  All the catholic schools in the arch-diocese are invited.  Our  archdiocese is one of the biggest in terms of catholic schools.


the front alter. 

The ceiling.  I think I am going to see about a tour of the cathedral.  It has quite a history according to B's mom.

banners lined up.  The school's lead the procession in at the beginning of Mass.  Behind the kids was the archbishop.  The Mass comes 40 days after the celebration of the birth Christ and commemorates the presentation of Christ at the temple in Jerusalem.



Walking down the aisle




It was a honor to represent OLG at the mass.  When he was asked, I had to let the principal know that we are not catholic.  OLG is a very diverse school, but I wanted to make sure that she did not think we were catholic.  She said she did not know, but we were great representation of the school.  What an honor.  I really like the attitude of the principal. 

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment