Monday, July 18, 2016

bucket list item and getting ready for our next exchange student

Saturday night, J and I took the boys to the drive in movie theater to see "The secret life of pets".  I have not been to the drive in since I was kid.  When I was a kid, our parents would load us up in the station wagon with our sleeping bags and pillows and we would sit in the car and watch the movie.  there was a speaker that was put on a pole next to the car.  it was a summer activity and I remember it fondly.

Today, the boys are in the back, but they had to be in the seats on the drive to the theater and we will have to put the seats back up at the end of the movie so the boys can be buckled in their seats.  J has a SUV, so we could open the hatch back and let the boys watch the movie.  Unfortunately, the hatch back had to be tied down so it did not block the view of other people.  J and I sat in our collapsible chairs (she calls them bag chairs) outside the car and instead of speakers, you tune your car radio to a specific frequency and you listen to the movie on your radio.

Our view as the movie started.  the boys ended up sitting in the chairs for a while and then they headed back into the car for the remainder of the movie.

enjoying snacks from home as the movie started.

Sunday was national Ice Cream Day.  Not that this family needs a national day to have ice cream.  We headed to the local ice cream parlor where they had ice cream cones on sale for $1.49 (which is about 2 dollars cheaper then usual).  Rocket had Lemon ice cream, Mam had Peach ice cream

and I had chocolate hazelnut (a limited time flavor).

after Rocket left yesterday and I took Mam home, I started working on changing the bedroom around.  L will be here in 4 weeks.  Rocket and I need to get used to the new set up.  So I am in Rocket's room- my bed barely fits.  I had to take the foot board off in order to have a room door that closes.  The stuff animal is Rocket's but he has indicated it can be donated, so it is leaving this week.

this is the bins that house Rocket's toys.  the upper bins still have toys and the lower bins will be my dresser as there is no room for a dresser in this room.  The top looks disorganized, but it is neatly organized for the moment.  After Rocket gets home this coming weekend, we will finish going through the stuff on top to see what can be thrown away/donated or sold.  The last thing we will do is work on the shelves where all his stuff animals are sitting.  He has indicated he wants to only keep 2, so the rest will be donated and then we are setting up the shelves with his motorcycles and superheroes.  Definitely the room is beginning to look like a tween's room, not a little boy's room.
 

Back over in the master bedroom (my former room), the 2 twin beds are set up.  I like the set up, though I still have to clean.  Rocket will have the bed with Orca whale on it.  L will have the other bed.  There are 2 dressers in the room, the white one will not fit at the end of Rocket's bed, which might be good.  L's dresser can also be moved as there is still plenty of room.

And clearly I still need to clean up some of my things in this room.
 
I think we should be all set for L by the end of this month.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment