Friday, February 03, 2017

Serving at Rocket's school

This week has been Catholic Schools week here in our town.  With that comes lots of events connected to school.  Since I am on the PTO (Parent Teacher Organization), I have been involved in many of the activities. 
Working backward from this morning: the teacher appreciation breakfast
 
I was responsible for coordinating the volunteers to make breakfast for the teachers and staff.  It was a bit of challenge as I got 1 week's notice for this, but it all came together. 
 
 
the teachers- talking and eating in the morning.


Breakfast: 3 casseroles (another one came in a few minutes later), 3 trays of fruit, 2 trays of muffins and juice (not in the picture)

A note to the teachers and staff.  I need to bring colored chalk next year.  Some staff came in and got a plate and left, others stayed and hung out.  It was a good morning.

Last night was bookfair- so parents could come with their kids if they did not get to come to open house that was on Sunday.
 
Our cool cashiers- they manned this station all night.

some of the books- I love that we are in a new room now.  We used to be in the library and it was pretty cramped.  Now we have huge multi-purpose room to spread out in.  Deb M did a great job getting the room decorated.  She has a group of moms that are super creative.
The theme was s'mores and camping.  So cute!

The little reading area- complete with a fake fire.  the kids loved it. 
I wanted to sit here and read.

The bulletin board to pick up wish lists from the teachers.  Rocket and I bought a bunch of books for the Spanish teacher and his reading teacher.

Open house on Sunday- he is so tall now, he has to bend over.  Rocket and I led tours for perspective families.  We got to meet K-4th grade families.  So many kids switching schools.  After leading tours, we went to see Rocket's teachers in the junior high wing.  I still cant believe he is in junior high.  He has all the teachers because each one teaches one subject across the 3 grades (6-8), so it was just a matter of stopping by and saying hi and seeing his work.

Me and my boy. 

I liked this sign outside the art and music rooms.  So true!
 
Tonight is the last event for Catholic Schools week- the talent show.  Rocket refused to try out for the talent show, so we will go watch everyone else.  He could be playing the piano.  I have started telling him that he should play a Star Wars medley his last year since he plays Star Wars music for his piano recital.  This is year 3 that he will play one of the Star Wars themes.  I think I am going to ask his piano teacher if she can help him link the songs so he has a longer piece in a few years.
 
That's all for this week.  I am looking forward to a less busy week next week.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment