Monday, January 23, 2017

weekend in January

Rocket had a basketball game on Saturday.  it was close to home so he got to sleep later than normal.  It was a very intense game.  Rocket did not score, but he did rebound the ball a few times, definitely he was in the mix. The game went into overtime and Rocket's team won 30-28 in the last seconds.  My heart was pounding and I was nearly crying. 

this one of rocket's shots- you just cant see him

Rocket is behind number 35 (dark blue), going after the ball.

working on defense.

Saturday afternoon, the boy, the dog and I went for a walk.  it was 65 F (around 15 C).   Which is like 20 degrees above normal for us.  We had 11 days of rain, so getting outside was great.  Falco- this means it has rained every day since you have been gone.  Yep, I think our city is missing you.

Pablo was not cooperating, he does not like to walk if I have stopped.  Rocket was not having any of that bad behavior.

Me, in the woods.  breathing fresh air.  Of course, since it has been so warm, our allergies are starting to act up.  We need a deep freeze to kill off the allergens.

walking through the prairie area

back into the woods.

Saturday night, I started quilting this quilt top.  it will be my lap quilt once I finish it.  We like to sit on the couch with blankets or quilts.  Of course Pablo will claim this one eventually as he lays on everything that is mine. This is a quilt top I started in 2012. 

Some of the quilting.  I am trying to practice/learn free motion quilting.  It is not easy and definitely is going to take some more practice before it really looks good.
 
We have a busy week again.  Snow is due later this week, so I am going to try to get us outside the next few days.
 
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment