Monday, March 06, 2017

time is speeding by again

First the weather- it has been freakishly warm here all winter.  We never got snow that lasted more than an hour on the ground because the ground is still so warm.  Last week, we had temperatures so warm we had tornadoes.  Then 2 days later, we had hail

Then Saturday, we got our first measurable snow of the winter- it all melted in an hour, but there were people (like my dad) out shoveling snow.  Events were cancelled in the morning.  Unbelievable.

The snow did not stop us from heading out to the home and garden show- the unofficial start to Spring at this house. Although this year, I have been in full Spring mode since the middle of February at least.
Rocket and Agua.  You can grow up little man, but you will always love fountains.

this is a shrub that I would like to have- an Ann Magnolia.  I like the color of the petals.  It is pretty dark in this area, but it is a gorgeous color.

Weeping Cherry- I like the little white flowers. 
I don't like the straight trunk.  I really need to find a cherry tree like the one at zoo- it has an interesting trunk.

the gazebo for when Rocket outgrows his trampoline.  there is a bar area for eating, a grill for cooking, and a refrig to keep drinks and such out in the gazebo.  It is an old grain silo.  I could do this in the back yard.  I wonder why my neighbors would think?

leaving the convention center we found one of the flying pigs from Cincinnati's Bicentennial back in 1988.  We took this picture for L. 



In keeping with the Spring theme- I am getting ready to paint the living room and dinning room.  There are the color choices.  I like the top left choice- it is the same color as the kitchen- a very pale green/blue called "breath of Spring".  Rocket likes the top right choice, called "Tahitian breeze".  I think the walls will be the paler color and I told Rocket I would paint the hallway the color he likes, though the bottom left color is the one I am pulling for.

Sunday night was the scouts court of honor.  Rocket was awarded the "merit badge hound" award for earning the most merit badges in his class (6th graders).  He earned 4 and is working on 3 more. One of the scouts a year older than him earned 21 merit badges this last year!!  Below, Rocket is part of the Eagle scout ceremony honoring the 4 boys who earned the highest award in scouting- Eagle Scout.  One of the boys is a close friend of ours.  It was a very moving ceremony.  I told Rocket, I don't think he should try for Eagle scout because I will cry too much (I was joking).  We were talking later last night and he does want to go for Eagle scout.  He has a lot of work to do, but I know he can do it.
 
We were out late last night and Rocket has standardized testing all this week and next at school- about 2 hours each day, so it should be a quite week for us. 
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment