Thursday, August 09, 2018

countdown to school too

We are 2 weeks away from school starting!!!!!  I am seriously on the count down to school, these kids need to be out of the house- they are driving me bonkers.  Not anything bad, just the constant interruptions while I am working.  What is driving me bonkers is that sis wants everything Rocket has and she wants it now.  So yesterday, Rocket had an appointment for his braces, as we left the appointment, she wanted to go pick up her glasses.  now, it was 9 am and I had a day full of meetings and I had a plan to get her glasses in the evening after we dropped Rocket off for soccer practice, but that was not good enough- she wanted them NOW.  So a temper tantrum because she did not get want she wanted and she was in a foul mood for the rest of the day.  Oh, I need her to be at school for 7 hours so I have a mental break from all this.
 
She had her school assessment yesterday and she is in school now.  She is going need to support for the gaps she has.  you can learn if you are worried about housing, food and the safety of yourself and your parent- she clearly shows this.  So we will have some intervention meetings to start the year and get all the supports in place and go from there.  Rocket has had supports, so I know the process and the team.  It is all good.
 
We did some school shopping this week- a few supplies that I had not stocked up on from prior years (1 inch and 3 inch binders), Sis and I picked up uniform shirts yesterday and 2 pairs of pants.  She was not happy about the pants.  In her words "she does not wear floppy leg pants (AKA pants that are not skinny legged type)".  So we had to have a discussion that uniform pants DONT come in skinny leg type, but only come in straight leg and she can wear leggings under them if she needs something tight to her legs.  we could not find shorts, so that is one thing for me to look for this weekend.  She did get a uniform skirt from school.  It is an alternative for her instead of shorts or pants.  She wants it super short- I had to burst that bubble too- it has to come to her knees or at least mid thigh.  She is underwhelmed by catholic school uniforms at this time.  I am taking the kids out for shoes tonight- pray for me.
Oh, the highlight of my day- Sis had to buy her own supplies for slime!!  She had $5 and it was burning a hole in her pocket.  She was not pleased that she got 2 very small bottles of glue, 1 small bottle of contact solution, and 1 small box of baking soda.  I think her total was $4.63.  She thinks she is getting gallons of glue for her birthday in October, but that is not the case.   that girl.  My question- how many different types of slime do you need to make??????  Seriously, if you have 2 already, why make more.
 
 
on to pictures:
Pablo sleeping under my desk.  His soft doggie bed was not comfortable enough, so he put the small doggie bed under his head as a pillow.  yes, he did this, not me.

Rocket worked with the other scouts on Saturday to plant trees behind his school/church.  this is an Eagle scout project for one of the older boys.  they worked from 9-2 pm in the heat and humidity.  it was over 90 F and the humidity was awful.  I sent him to the showers once he got home.  Lots of sweaty boy smells.


Sis got her glasses last night. She looks great.  they look very much like wire rimmed glasses here, but they are solid plastic.  Hopefully she does not tear them apart like she did at her last foster home. 


I really like how they don't overtake her face, she is a beautiful young lady.
 
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment