Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Aquarium- 2013

Friday, after a week of talking to Bug and his therapist, I took the afternoon off.  bug needed some momma time.  He was
 feeling stressed after so many weeks in camp, my work schedule and some issues at summer camp.  He needed a break.  So we planned for me to work a half day, bug would sleep in (but he did not), and then after lunch, we would go out to the museum center.  Friday morning bug decided he wanted to go to the aquarium and he wanted a friend to go too.  So a quick call to his friend's mom to see if P could go with us, a call to mam to tell her the change and a busy morning for me getting all my work done and we were off.

We had, at one time, talked about going to the zoo.  But we are in heat wave.  The temperatures are close to 100 degrees F (about 40 degrees C) and due to the humidity, it feels like temperatures above 100 degrees.  It is awful outside.   We definitely needed an inside event.  Apparently, half the city thought the same thing, as the aquarium was packed!
Bug decided today was definitely "don't smile for any picture" day.  He had to make silly faces all day long. P, on the other hand, smiled for every picture.  P wanted to see the dive show and touch the sharks.  Bug enjoyed the dive show with P but had no desire to touch sharks. 

 
the both enjoyed sending all my change down the drain at one time. 

 
The frog princes

Finally, a great smile from my boy.
 

at the dive show, the sea turtle, Denver, kept swimming thru the bubbles.  I liked the effect.
 

The boys, totally engrossed

Happy boys, good friends


goofing around with the shark

one worn out little man.  Yes, he never goes to sleep in his bed, it is always on the couch near me.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. He's almost as tall as me! We better get together soon or he'll be so tall I won't be able to see how handsome he is!

    ReplyDelete