Monday, July 08, 2013

How much can one little bug grow in one year?


Yes, the not so little man continues to grow.  I am very glad I did buy new pants for school yet as I think what I would have bought would be too small by the time school starts in 5 weeks.  

In October, bug was 49.75 inches.  In November he was 50 inches, 2 weeks ago he was 52 inches tall. I need to measure him tomorrow, because he is definitely taller and continues to complain about leg pain (growth plate pain).  Why do I think I am going to end up. Like my grandmother, with a son towering over me?


2 comments:

  1. Deb, and Nene
    we find a poem well suited to the moment,with love: Carlos, Mireya, Susy, Karla and Marylin.

    Though You Are Grown

    I remember years ago,
    you were so little then.
    Sometimes,
    I can't help but wish,
    that you were small again.
    I've cried when you've faced heartaches,
    and saw, that as you grew,
    nothing broke your Spirit,
    instead it strengthened you.
    I'm filled with mixed emotions,
    as I hold back all the tears
    and, with much pride remember,
    back so many years.
    When I first held you in my arms,
    if only I'd have known,
    the years would feel like moments,
    after you had grown.
    You aren't a child,
    though in my eyes,
    I guess you'll always be,
    that baby boy who changed my life,
    and means the world to me.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write a silly comment but what Bug's family wrote is so beautiful that I can't add anything. :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete