Saturday, January 25, 2014

quilting on a snowy day AKA think Spring!

Well, we got another 4 inches of snow.  It is a blustery but sunny day and a cold day.  To warm my spirits, I pulled out the quilt for my bed that I have been working on for 4 years. Today, I managed to finish the quilting in the middle section, the corners and the border.  All that is left is to put on the binding (maybe tomorrow?) and wash it on more time and then onto the bed.  With the temperatures coming this week, we will need another quilt on the bed.


The diamonds in the middle section.


The inner border

The corner- I put circles here.  The size matches the flowers.  You can see the border quilting, I just did one wavy line down the middle, too tired to do more and running out of thread that matches.

 
a close up of the wavy line.
 
 
after finishing the quilt, Bug and I worked on getting a huge piece of furniture down to the basement so I can use it to store quilting supplies.  Bug mostly took things out of storage unit while I took it apart (2 pieces) and slide it down the stairs, on its side with me in front of it.
 
Now we are settling in for some Avatar watching (the cartoon series).  We have not made it out of our jammies today. 
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment