Sunday, September 21, 2014

Busy weekend

It has been a busy weekend.  Starting with soccer on Saturday morning.  Bug is practicing here, his position was the other end of the field during the game.  The kids trade ends of field each quarter.
 




We attended the UC  (University of Cincinnati) Homecoming at the Bengals' stadium.  The boys were so excited because they got to go on the field before the game to cheer the team onto the field.  I was excited because, I had never been to a UC game in all the years I attended college at UC.  At the time I attended university, the team played downtown at the old stadium and the team was not too good.  Now the team is usually ranked, goes to bowls games at the end of the season and this year they are playing downtown at the Pro Football stadium while their home stadium on campus is renovated.

We had awesome seats- in the corner of the end zone, by the UC student section, and across from the band.


Me and my boys

The cheerleaders right in front of us.

The band- they stand through the entire game



The boys on the field


Some of the football team members from Bug's school

BB is so excited to be here at the game


My happy boys

Some of the cub scouts from Bug's school


Look- what are they???


The UC Bearcat flag

The American flag- parachuting into the stadium.  It was cool to be on the field to see, because we could see them coming before folks in the stands.

UC's Marching Band, preparing to take the field- they spread out among the sections and race onto the field to get into formation.  One of the band members stumbled, so I am not sure this is a good idea at all.

The boys getting set- I lost the boys after this as we were too close to the claw and they would be setting off fireworks as the team ran onto the field.  Bug and BB ended up across the field from me, with the guy in the red shirt/black hat (father to one of Bug's friends).

 This was my view

But I gave one of the Eagles a seat so he could see what was happening

The UC mascot and flag, right in front of us.


Fireworks, which means the team is running onto the field.


The end of the game, the cheerleaders and dance team form a line to usher the team back into the locker room.  UC won the game and we had a great time.


Silly boys, trying on Halloween hats


We also had popcorn sales today.  Bug and BB look great in their uniforms. 

 
We had excitement at the end of the selling, my car keys were in one of the boxes we used to pack up the popcorn. Those boxes were in another parent's car, my cell phone was dying so I could not call her.  Luckily one of the other parents saw my frantic search for my keys and called the other parent back to the location.  Then when we got to the car, my car battery was dead. So I spent $50.00 to get the car jump started by a towing company and then another 130.00 to replace the battery in the car.
 
I am very happy to be home and resting.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment