Tuesday, August 25, 2015

first day of school- 5th grade

Well Rocket Man is starting a new school year today.  He is in 5th grade now, starting his 6th year at school, with 3 more years to go here- over half way through his school.  He still has 4 years of high school to complete after he finishes at this school, so we are not quite half way through his schooling, K-12th grade.
this is the last day of school in 5th grade

Here is the picture from this morning.  He looks happy, but he really did not want to go back to school.  I was ready for him to go back last week, then over the weekend I decided I was not ready for him to go back to school.
 
The "excitement" of the day so far was the bus not coming to pick him up until after school started.  Memories of his 3rd grade year are going through my head even now.  Back then, his bus was late almost every week and he had 3 bus drivers for the year- including the one who did not even last a day due to being in an accident on the first day. 
 
I have already called the transportation office to discuss this issue so it can be nipped in the bud.  It is not fair to the kids or teachers to have a bus load of students arriving late all the time, not to mention how it impacts my work scheduled since I am supposed to start work at 8 am (same time school starts).  Not sure how accommodating my manager will be if I am standing at the bus stop with Rocket Man when I am supposed to be in meetings.
 
I'll post an update this evening on how Rocket Man's day went.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment