Thursday, September 15, 2016

no pictures

I would love to have some pictures to show you all, but we have been so busy that there are no pictures.   Busy, you say, then there must be pictures!

but, alas, we have been busy with mundane stuff- school, soccer, cross country, scouts and I am usually running from one thing to the next thing, especially on Tuesdays.  I have decided that I don't like Tuesdays and that is going to be my story until the end of October.

this is my schedule this past Tuesday (13Sep)

5:45 am- wake up (actually I had been up off and on since midnight, so I was just ready to get up)
5:45-6:00: get dressed, get the boys up close to 6 am, get breakfast on the table
6:00-6:15: eat breakfast with the boys, one is usually faster than the other.  the little one gets to the table at 6:10 usually.
6:15-6:20: throw a load of laundry in, get tooth brushes ready for me and Rocket, brush my teeth, feed the dog, make sure Rocket has finished his breakfast and is moving along.
6:20-6:35: start answering work emails.  Remind Falco at regular intervals how much time is left until he has to walk out the door at 6:35. Get Rocket started on his piano practice or reading for 20 minutes
6:35: walk Falco to the door, make sure he is all set, see him off to the bus stop.
6:35-7:20: finishing work emails, make sure Rocket continues to read for 20 full minutes (which is not the same as reading for 20 minutes). Put dinner in the crock pot (pot roast)
7:20: get Rocket started on getting ready to leave the house- book bag, lunch, water bottle, gym clothes, bathroom run, getting the leash on the dog, etc.
7:35- walk out the door with Rocket
7:40-7:50: talk with the other moms and kids at the bus stop. Play tug with Pablo with sticks at the bus stop.
7:50-8:00: home, a treat for Pablo, water for me, talk to mam.
8:00 start my "real" work day
8:30-5:00 pm- conference call all day.  15 minutes to grab lunch and come back to my desk, answer emails,  a few times in the day I got up to stretch and let Pablo out for a quick run and bio break for me.
3:15- Rocket home, make sure he has his homework ready (he did not bring his homework home).  Dash off email to his teachers that he left homework at school and request they give him grace to fail (don't keep him in at lunch to complete, don't let him do it Wednesday for homework).
5:00- sit down to eat dinner with Rocket before leaving for soccer.  Falco is being brought home by another cross country parent (that was the plan).
5:30- out the door with Rocket for his soccer practice
5:45- receive a text from Falco, no one picked him up from cross country, he is going to walk home.  I am on the highway at this point and can't turn around to go pick up Falco (I knew I should have checked in with him at 5 pm).  Have Rocket use my phone to call a friend to see if she can pick up Falco, tell Falco she is coming and he needs to stay at school.
6:00- get to soccer practice, call my friend- she is at school and Falco is not there.  Wait- she sees him now.
7:00- talk to Falco, the friend is picking him up for boy scouts.
7:30- soccer practice for Rocket is supposed to end, the coach has not called them off the field. 
7:40- practice ends, Rocket is getting in the car and we leave for scouts
8:00 pm- arrive at scouts; drop Rocket off.  Pablo and I head home
8:04- arrive at home, get Pablo a drink, take a shower
8:20- head back to scouts to pick up the boys
8:30- scouts is supposed to end
8:40- scouts ends, we are in the car coming home
8:45- home, Rocket into the shower, Falco and I talk.  I put the laundry in the dryer and put in another load of laundry
9:30- rocket goes to bed
10:00- Falco goes to bed, I am watching the news so I know the weather for the morning
10:30: I go to bed. I am tired.

that is one busy schedule.  I don't always have meetings that last all day- this was a quarterly meeting with a client. Usually the meetings end at 4 pm, but we have a new project manager and I think she felt she had to have the meeting go that long. 

it seems like the last few weeks have been busy like this.  I am slowly being worn down, I get my energy from down time (I am an introvert), and right now with the boys schedules and my schedule (PTO, Scout committee, work), I am not getting enough down time to feel like I am doing alright.  I am looking forward to some down time later in October, but I might have to take some time for myself before then.  I might just have to tell the boys NO to weekend activities or at least tell Falco that he can go out but he needs to arrange rides because I am not going out at all other than church.

it will be fine, I know it will, I just need a little more me time and less running around.

I should have pictures after this weekend, we have soccer game, cross country meet, pool party (Falco is going), and a concert to attend, and it is Oktoberfest weekend.  Falco is going to that with friends.

Love and hugs,
Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment