Tuesday, October 18, 2016

having fun-

we spent the weekend running around, again.  Saturday morning, Rocket had a soccer game at 9 am which meant leaving at 8 am so he was there in time for warm ups.  Meanwhile, Falco had to be at a race at 9:40, so anther family picked him up at 9am to take him to the race.  Rockets game finished at 10:25 (they won), and we headed over to the race to see Falco since his actual start time was 11:40 am.

We found a good spot to watch the race and be in the shade.  We did not realize this was close to the finish line, but we did know it was close to the other parents and runners from Falco's school.

We ended up moving over a bit into the sun as it was a little breezy in the shade.  I missed Falco coming up the course, but he had a personal best of 21:08 for the race-WOHOO.

After the race- you can see Mam and Rocker in the blue and red chairs just over his shoulder.

Going back to Friday night, I took the boys for a walk- they were both getting on my nerves!  Just normal bickering, but I had no patience for it since I was not happy that they were avoiding doing chores.  We ended up having a talk on Sunday and they are back on track and I am less stressed.  Typical teenager behavior- nothing to worry about.
 
Pablo and I had been walking in this park all week, so Pablo was excited to go again.

my teenagers- not really happy I made them go out- no matter how good Rocket's smile is.

the moon was coming up- it was a "super" moon, meaning it was a full moon that was close to Earth in its orbit so it looks bigger.

Saturday, after the race, we took Mam home and then came home so Falco could get ready for HOMECOMING.

His photo for when he runs for office in Austria.

The team was having dinner together before the dance.  The boys all stood around together talking while the girls arrived.  Some of the kids went as couples, but most went solo. I really like this tradition.  When I was in school you could not go to homecoming alone, you had to go with a date.  Prom was the same.  Now the kids go as friends, in groups and everyone has a great time.

all the boys

A close up.

Getting the boys to stand together was like herding cats, at least I thought it was, until the girls got involved and then it was impossible to get the girls to pay attention.

the girls- seriously, they were not listening or paying attention for quite some time.  Final a mom had to go over and pull them into position.  It reminded me why I am happy to have boys- they will eventually listen (sometimes).

Sunday, after church, we headed to the grocery store and this car was parked next to us.  Falco was very happy and very "James Bond" in his posing.

Rocket had his last soccer game on Sunday afternoon.  They won again.  But, they have not won enough games this season to advance to the league tournament.  So we are back to sleeping in on Saturdays!!!!!!!!!

Both boys are now done with sports for the season.  Rocket had Basketball tryouts last week, we are waiting to see which team he is put on and when practices will start.  Falco is done, there are no sports at school he can do for the last 3 months he is here. But, the YMCA (rec center) is right across the street from school, so he and friend are going to go work out a few days after school each week. 
 
 
 
Sunday night, we pulled out Rocket's old toys to donate some of his cars to a friend who is volunteering with an orphanage in Guatemala.  While we were sorting cars, all the cars from the CARS movies were sorted to keep and the boys starting playing with them.  I think they were both having happy memories of their childhood.

Today is Falco's saint's day.  As he has explained to me, you get small gifts on your Saint's day.  His parents sent a gift that arrived last week and he received 3 letters from family in time for this celebration.  I think I might make kiasersmaren (spelling?) for him tonight as a treat.

he got a smart watch/fitbit type thing.  Love it and love that he told me where his parents got it- I have already checked and I think I can get the same for Rocket (he has asked for one for the last 2 years)- I love that the place is not expensive- I nearly feel over in shock when I saw the packing list- it is totally less than the cost of a pizza. Completely within my budget for Christmas. Thank you Falco's parents!!!!!
 
 
Well that is all for today- lots of photos coming on Sunday evening or Monday as I take the boys on a little trip.  More details to come after the fact.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment