Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Basketball, tree sales and snow

Rocket had 2 games this weekend, unfortunately his team lost both games.  I did not get any pictures of the first game, only this warm up picture with Rocket, 2 team mates and the coach.  I was in charge of the scorebook, so heads down work.

The second game, I was training 2 people on how to do the scorebook, so I only got photos from the second half.


the games were Saturday morning and Sunday night, so that left us plenty of time to do other things.  Falco was gone this weekend, hanging out with other AFS students at another volunteer's farm.  We really missed him, even though it was nice to be together as our small family.  We are going to be a mess when Falco leaves.  I am not ready for it.

Saturday night, we had our last night of tree sales.  We got to the lot and there were only 8 trees left to sell.  We sold half of them and finished up a big part of the clean up.  the Sunday crew closed the lot down while we were at church.
Rocket and his buddy taking down the tree stands.  Rocket was happy that his buddy was working with him.  I spent the night talking to the buddy's dad who is also Rocket's doctor. 

the four lonely trees- 2 Frasier firs close to us, and 2 white pines in the back.

Last week the boys melted ice on the hot barrel (the fire barrel for warmth), this week they held pieces of wood against the barrel and set the wood on fire.  this is literally about 10 seconds against the barrel to spark the fire.  you can see how hot the barrel is where the metal is turning red.  We had to burn up all the extra wood/large pieces of wood before we left, so we had a nice hot fire all night.  We also got to take home the smaller pieces of wood.  I have a bunch for our fire pit.  Maybe I need a bonfire this winter????
 

Enjoying hot chocolate and electronics by the fire.

Today the snow started falling.  The boys still have school as the worst was just to come and there is not expected to be much accumulation at all.  I think Pablo will enjoy the snow more than the boys.


Speaking of Pablo, this is what he did to the new work gloves I bought.  This is my pair or at least the pair I was using at the tree sale.  thankfully, we have 2 other pairs- one for Falco and one for Rocket, so I am not down a pair of leather work gloves.  there is that saying that parents need to be worried when their kids are very quiet and not in the same room as the parents, well the same is true for dogs.  I should have known something was up when I was cooking last night and Pablo was not at my feet in the kitchen begging for food.
 
that's all for today.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment