Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Our backyard garden

The weather has finally turned back to spring/summer and that allowed Rocket and I to plant our vegetable garden over Mother's Day weekend

So the pictures are out of order again, but I will provide commentary

this morning it was so nice, I moved my office computer to the patio to enjoy the weather.  I was able to work out here for about 2 hours before the sun came to the point where the entire deck was in the sun and there was no shade for me.  I thought I would have to stay inside until around 2 pm, but I was just out on the patio getting something and it is in the shade again- at least the table is.  So I can go back outside from 11:30 am.  I am going to test this tomorrow.  One issue though, my back does not like the patio chairs for too long.  I had to get one of my outside pillows to put behind my back.
It was so peaceful out there today.  The birds were chatting, Pablo was resting and I could hear the cars on the main street about 2 blocks over.  I could also hear the gym (P.E. class) from the local elementary school too.

Last night was our PTO volunteer appreciation dinner.  this is me with my mentors and friends.  Our boys hang out together all the time.  They have played soccer, basketball and done scouts together since 1st grade.  I am so grateful to know these women and call them my friends.

Saturday night, our neighbors invited us over for s'mores in their backyard.  I like their fit pit.

the Parents from the PTO.  We had a swearing in ceremony for the new officers and the new trustees.  I wish the teacher reps had been called up too.  All the teachers in the school were invited to the dinner and about a 1/4 came to the dinner.  It was nice to see them out with us too.  We have 2-3 teacher reps and the principal on PTO.  I love our PTO.

Back to the garden.  These are the pots planted on Saturday.  the Left one has cucumbers and lettuce, the middle has potatoes, the right one has sugar snap peas and onions.

The garden beds, looking all awesome.  In the taller bed, there are 6 tomato plants.  2 are a heirloom variety .  We also have 2 yellow tomatoes (small pear shaped- like cherry tomatoes), and 2 roma tomato plants.  I am hoping we get enough to make pizza sauce/spaghetti sauce.  In the smaller bed, there are onions, radishes, carrots, squash and zucchini.   Hopefully we will have a bountiful harvest this year.

Rocket and me on Saturday evening.  We were celebrating Falco's birthday from afar.

Thursday night was the band concert.  these guys are all in scouts together and they play in the junior band.  The one in front is the only one who does not play percussion.

During the concert- they played one song.  Some of the jazz band came over and helped out with additional instruments during the song.  the kids did a great job.  When the high school band played, they ended the concert with a song that one of the band members had composed and published- he is only 17 years old and is a published composer!!!  Rocket played the cymbals on the song they did for the concert.

Pablo chilling with a treat in my office.  he is laying on Rocket's beanbag chair.  the dog is so spoiled.

the boys talking before the band concert.  you can see the high school band up on the stage.

the backyard last week during the colder weather- I actually had to turn the heat back on since the house was cold and outside it was colder and very damp.  It does look cool though.

looking more northeast - this is about 8 feet off the ground as I was trying to cut out all the yard stuff.

Me and Rocket at the movies seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 2

and Black Panther made an appearance that night.  He figured out how to hide his eyes by using his sun glasses.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment