Monday, May 01, 2017

Zoo buddies and friends

The pictures are in reverse order of events, but it is all good.  Yesterday, we had a friend over.  Both the boys are in scouts together and they had to work a car wash to raise money for their summer trip.  After working 4 hours and then playing and then eating dinner, I took them both out for ice cream.  I think they enjoyed it.

The adult leaders at the car wash.  I will be working at the next one- in late May.

I was the first car to be washed AKA the training car.  They did a good job, though both Rocket and E remarked when I came to pick them up at the end, that my car was dirty again.  God love them- I did not have the heart to look at them and tell them that the car was dirty from where they all missed spots when they washed my car.





Rocket trying out the driver's seat.  he is tall enough to driver, though we still have 4 years before he can drive.

One of the cool things about Sunday was that Rocket had a lot of homework to do.  He did not do it on Saturday, and I thought for sure it would be a struggle on Sunday to get him to do it before we picked up his friend.  NOPE, he sat down as soon as I told him he had to do it and finished it all without complaining. So impressed with him. 

Saturday night we had a concert.  It was late for us- the concert started at 8 pm and we are usually finishing up our day.  We had a good time, the music was great, the singers were fantastic.  I think Rocket really liked this concert.

it was Disney.  there were some songs we had not heard for long time, but most we knew.  Rocket only complained at the end when they played the songs from Frozen.  But the encore was "the circle of life" from Lion King and Rocket loves that song.

Saturday afternoon we went to a concert that J was in.  J is one of the exchange students and I am his liaison, which means I have to talk to him or see him once a month.  He was playing at a nursing home near by.  He is the trumpeter in the middle back of this picture.  The band is made up of students from J's school and members of the community.  Pretty cool to have all age groups in this one band.  They played a lot of older (20-30s) songs for the residents of the nursing home. 

Last Wednesday, I went with Rocket and his class and their 1st grade buddies to the zoo.  If you recall, I did this same trip in 2012 (April 27), when Rocket was a 1st grader.  I have linked that blog post in case you want to compare how Rocket looks now to how he looked then.

One big difference, the 6th graders this year stayed with their buddies the entire time and actually interacted with them.  The zoo was packed with school groups. We walked for 2.5 hours and I was worn out when we got home.



some of the girls we kept running into (they are in Rocket's class).  We had to separate from them because they were a complete distraction for a couple of the boys in the group. 

Lot so OLG kids monkeying around

Our group- Rocket's buddy is in front of him in the black shirt.

That is it for last week.  Have a great day.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment