Monday, June 05, 2017

end of another school year- how did that happen

Well, another school year has ended.  Rocket made it through, barely.  He has a lot of work to do this summer to stay on track and be ready for next year.  School ended on 02Jun, but before we get there, let's look at what else we have been working on.


I started painting the hallway.  the one wall comes out into the living room and this is the wall the piano is on.  this is after one coat of paint.  It is amazing to me that blue is so much brighter than the yellow.  Wait till you see the finish walls later in this post.

I also picked up this blanket ladder that a friend made for me. 

Rocket's quilt looks really good on it.  I have a plan for the ladder, just have to implement it.

Rocket is working on one of his merit badges for boy scouts, so we have tadpoles living on the back porch.  They will eventually be grey tree frogs.  He has to care for them for 30 days.  I actually like looking at them.  there are some that will be frogs soon.

The little black things along the water line are the tadpoles.

this is the yearly photo with Me-Me.  Rocket is so much the young man now, I don't see anything of the little toddler I brought home 10 years ago. How is even possible that it is 10 years?



Last day of school donuts-  a treat after school, after waiting for me to write PTO checks for an hour and missing play time with friends at the all school picnic.

Later that evening, it was pool party with friends and pizza.

Silly boy

Having a good time with friends in the water.  I think they were in the water 3 of 4 hours of the pool party. 

Saturday, we finished up painting the hallway

This is the finished product- no lights on at the end, and it is still so much more brighter to me, and it looks larger to me as I walk down the hallway.  The color is called Tahitian breeze, it is supposed to be a color of the ocean.  I am liking my tropical colored house

Finally, Sunday night, one sleeping Rocket.  He is HUGE compared to how little he was 10 years ago.  I am not sure I am ready for the teen he is becoming.  But, it is another adventure, so we are off and running.

Rocket has a number of summer sports camps this year.  I am hoping to get pictures over the next few weeks to show you.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment