Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My son, the want-to-be-smurf

Another AFS year is winding down.  In addition to hosting Falco this year, I was the liaison for J. I met with him once a month or talked to him on the phone.  He has been a challenge, but it turned out OK.  He goes home on 26Jun.

Our garden is coming along.  We have potatoes, tomatoes, squash and zucchinis coming up right now. the Peas drown, the cucumbers are not liking the amount of water that stays in their pot (I need to drill some more holes). This weekend, a friend gave us 12 pepper plants.  I need to get them planted this week.

Rocket wants blue hair.  We have tried this coloring.  it is like glue in your hair.  He did not like it all and moved on to semi-permanent hair coloring.  that did not work.  We have done some more research and we are going to have bleach his hair and then put the coloring on.  Since we are on vacation next week, we will be doing this in July.  So much work to make him happy.



He had his physical today.  He is 5 feet 2 inches tall- that is 62 inches or 157.48 centimeters tall.  He is 145 pounds (65.77 Kilograms).  Basically, he is at 97% on the growth charts- meaning he is tall and heavy.  I am working on the weight.   He also had to get 3 shots today.  I expect he will be napping later today and he will be grumpy.  One of the shots requires a follow up shot in 6 months, so we will be back at the doctor's on 27Dec for the follow up.

Next week, we are off camping with the boy scouts.  Yep- I am camping too.  No internet or cell phone coverage- YEA, work can't find me!!!!  We are going here

It is up in Michigan- about 6-8 hours from here.  The boys and leaders are also going to spend 2 days on this island


While the kids and leaders are there, I am cabin camping with E and one of her daughters.  I think this is going to be a great time for all of us- the entire week.  I am looking forward to sitting on the beach, staring at the water and doing NOTHING related to work or housework.  Note, the boys do all the cooking. 

Let the count down begin. Pictures will be posted some time after we get back.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment