Friday, July 29, 2011

So much for updating more frequently

We have had a busy 2 weeks.  Between work and just life, I think we are running out of time every day.
We saw Little M a few times and Bug wanted these pictures of him with Little M's cat "Pacha".  For those of you who know Guatemalan slang for bottle, you will recognize this name.  Little M's parents had no idea this is what the cat's name meant.  I have to laugh every time we say it.  Just another reminder of Guatemala- love it.


Bug was very sick last weekend.  He had a fever starting Thursday evening  which finally broke on Saturday evening.  I ended up with a migraine on Saturday, so we both spent the day on the couch just resting.  Bug ended up home on Friday and I got this picture of him napping while I was working.  On Saturday, I laid down for a nap/rest and Bug crawled in bed with me and he napped for 5 hours!!!!!!

This is from Saturday when we both stayed in our jammies all day.  Bug just wanted Popsicles to eat all day, he said his throat hurt. 

On Sunday, we  headed out to snobug for shaved ice. YUMMMMMM

Tuesday night, I took a mini break from working every evening, to celebrate the end of VBS with the La Vina kids.  OMG- the desserts!!!!!!

All the kids getting ready to sing

Bug, just being Bug- looking around, not quite listening (he was supposed to be on the bottom step), but he is good boy. 

Singing.  I had someone take these pictures because I was helping to lead the kids in the motions.  every time I looked at Bug he was just standing there.  So these pictures of him participating made me smile

Thursday night, Little M and his parents came over.  I turned on the Sprinkler for the boys.  Bug was less than excited about the sprinkler. I had worked until 1 am on Thursday morning, then slept for 4 hours before getting up for my regular work day on Thursday, so I was exhausted.   This time with Little M and his parents was so welcomed.  We spent about 2.5 hours together and it was like I had been away from work for a weekend.  I was able to go back to work Thursday evening with a refreshed spirit.  This week I worked almost 2 full weeks of work in one work week.  I am exhausted.

Back to the sprinkler.  Bug avoided getting into the heart of the sprinkler, so.........

I had to go out there and show him what to do.

And then I had to carry Little M into the heart of the sprinkler.  Notice that Bug is standing well back from the water

But he finally realized that he could back into the sprinkler and have just as much fun.  Of course, backing into the water meant we got to listen to him screaming "my bootie" every time.

I had to into the sprinkler a few times.  I guess the heat and humidity this week, it has been over 100 degrees with the heat index, and the stress from work just caught up with me.  This backyard fun was so needed.

We ended the outside fun with fresh tomatoes from the garden.  Bug is showing Little M how to squirt them into his mouth.  He ate them all.
So that is what we have been doing.  We now begin the prep for Bug's friend birthday party next weekend, then the family birthday party and then school starts.  We have 3 weekends until school starts.  All the school supplies are bought, we just need to buy new school uniforms.  Bug has grown so much this summer. 
Have a restful weekend, we have a quiet weekend planned here.

Love to you,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment