Wednesday, July 04, 2012

a hodge podge of things on this 4th of July

Bug and I had a good holiday.  It is sort of nice to have a holiday in the middle of the week, but I am sure wishing that the weekend was starting tomorrow.  But we are back to our usual routine for the next 2 days and then the weekend comes. 
I was able to quilt for an hour today and I finished the 2 blocks of the month for June.  July's are much harder and I have to buy a new ruler, so I might get to start on them this weekend.

This is a Greek Cross variation

And a half square triangle variation.  I really like this design.  I had to start adding blues and greens into the blocks to ensure the quilt will fit in the spare bedroom.  I am going to painting the room (bottom portion) a green/blue color called Spring green.  it looks green in certain light and blue in other light.  It is the same color as the kitchen

I was showing Pap our pictures from Guatemala and came across some pictures that I had not looked at closely- so back to Guatemala we go.

Nigua and Susi listening to Bug's favorite song "be a man" from the Mulan movie.

Self picture from Bug while we are at the zoo with our Compassion kids. I have taught him well.

Josue and Nigua at the zoo.  I like this one very much

Not sure what Popi was doing or thinking here, but Bug got this very candid photo.  I love it!

Nigua, Donald and Josue on a sunny Saturday.

Can Bug make Nigua jealous by loving on her?  Apparently not, Josue just snuggles up next to her too.

Bug and his first family, minus Karla.

Watching the Bug play with Popi.

Good time in Guatemala.

I don't have a way to tie these into the 4th of July holiday- but they make me smile and that is what holidays are for.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. It's so great that you're able to maintain a relationship with Bug's foster family in Guatemala. Ingrid's foster family was so great, and she was so happy that I wanted to maintain contact. She told me about one family that basically took their son and ran, didn't even listen to all the things she wanted to tell them about their son. I felt so sorry for her. It's sad that more families don't recognize the important role the foster families play in our children's lives, and that so many think the foster families are just "in it for the money" and it's just another job to them. :( Hugs.

    ReplyDelete