Tuesday, February 17, 2015

birthday celebration-immediate family

blogger is still not letting me post pictures.  So words will have to do.


Yesterday was BB's 17th birthday, but we had a winter storm 2-12 inches of snow due to fall all day.  The boys were off school due to the US holiday of Presidents' Day.  Snow fell all day long.  Our street did not see a snow plow until after we went to bed, so no trip out for dinner.  BB choose Mexican for dinner, but the roads were a disaster, so we stayed home and had home cooked burritos.


Today, the street was plowed and by the time I finished up work, the boys were ready to leave house.  They had a snow day (school cancelled) today.  I must say, it is not pleasant to work while the boys are home.  I love them dearly, but working in the living room means I feel like they are watching me all the time and they feel like they have to be quiet or that they can not watch TV/Movies. Though today, they watch "Annie" (the 1980s version) and I sang along with the movie.


So we headed out this evening to enjoy a dinner out.  I took the boys to "La Piñata", it is one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.  BB and I had fajitas with shrimp, chicken, and steak.  Bug had chicken nuggets and rice.  Bug kills me with eating American food at ethnic food restaurants.  BB really enjoyed the food and the décor in the restaurant. 


He also enjoyed the staff singing Feliz Cumpleano (Happy Birthday) to him while he wore a big sombrero.  BB had fried ice cream for dessert.  it was good to be out with the boys.


we did go out earlier in the day as the car needed to be serviced.  We have a loaner car and I am hoping our car does not have anything serious wrong with it and we get it back soon. But I am afraid the car is on its last gasp and I will be replacing the car soon.  If we have to replace the car, I would like a van, but I am not sure the budget is going to like a new car.


That's it for tonight.  Have a great day,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment