Tuesday, June 28, 2016

fun in the week of 24Jun2016

Rocket finished up basketball camp this week- it was a hot and humid week, poor kids.  The basketball league also completed this week, his team came in last in the tournament.  He says he had a good time and he liked it, he says he wants to do it again next year.  BUT, he also says he does not like to practice.  Oh the joys of being a preteen.  Yes, I said that word and yes, he is truly in the midst of all the preteen angst.  He wants to do things but does not want to put in the effort, he is sullen 90% of the time and he is showing signs of going into puberty.  I have been told it only gets worse for awhile, but I am holding out hope that my happy boy comes back sooner rather than later.
 
It was Greek festival weekend.  We usually go with J and N, but they were not able to come with us this year.  Hopefully they can come next year.  I think next year we will need come in the evening (you can pray for my sanity with the crowds), and enjoy the music as Rocket no longer wants to do the rides.  He told me that he only has done the giant slide because I make him do it and he does not like it at all (see- that sullen preteen attitude coming through). 
 
We ate some puff pastry doughnut holes drizzled with Honey and sprinkled with cinnamon- YUMMMMMMM
We played the games at the Kroger booth and I won a $5 gift card and Rocket won a gift certificate for galloon of Orange juice.  WOHOOOO

 He wanted to play games (there are total of 4 games to play) and spent all his money and some more to win this stuff dog that looks like Pablo.  Definitely will not be doing that again.  The carnival worker was flirting with me.  I sort of liked it, until he got creepy and started telling me all the other festivals he would be working at so I could come see him.  Not doing that.


We toured the church again, I really like the mosaic tile work.  We also stayed to listen to the Father tell us about the history of the Greek Orthodox church.  The Father was very good at explaining the history.  Definitely I would listen to him again.

I might have to figure out how to make a quilt square in this design.

 
Afterwards, we shopped inside for some Greek pastries and we bought some hand-painted notecards that I will frame and put up in my bedrooms- all beach or water scenes.
 
Rocket is home with me this week, not sure if he or I will survive it at this point- Monday was not a fun day.  Hopefully he will get with the program and we will have peaceful week while he is home and I am working.  This coming weekend is a holiday weekend here in the States and we have a busy schedule, from watching fireworks to helping with a charity run and having fun with the family.
 
Got to run, love and hugs to you,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment