Saturday, June 18, 2016

Quilting and FC Cincinnati

I worked on Bug's quilt over the last few weeks.  I need to put another border on this it and then I can start quilting it.  I hope to have it done this summer.

Close up of the top- all Star Wars.
 

Pablo wants it, but he will have to wait to get his own
 

Bug is camping with the scouts this weekend.  They are launching home made rockets this weekend.  We were offered tickets to the FC Cincinnati (Futbol Club Cincinnati) game at a discount price.  Bug thought about going, but when I let him know that I would have to pick him on Saturday afternoon and that he would be coming home on Saturday night- not going back to camp, he decided to stay at camp.
 
I invited my friend Lisa to go.  We had tickets in the Bailey (the rowdy area behind the goal, with the most ardent fans).  You have to stay the entire game when in the Bailey. 

Me before the game.  As Lisa and I walked across the university campus, we kept talking about how much had changed since we went to school here.

Lisa at the game

Our seats' view of the field.  This is the football stadium on campus- across the field is where Lisa used to sit with the UC band. 

The stands are filling in- the upper decks are new.

Us







At half time.  our team was down 1-0 at this point. We ended up winning 2-1 against FC Toronto.  I bought Bug a tee shirt for the next time we go to the game.

On the way home, we stopped for an ice cream at Putz's.

It was good!

Back to pictures at the game.  I was playing with both my cameras to see which takes the best photos.  Right now, the IPhone is winning the picture taking contest.




me and the concourse behind our seats- we were at the top of the section.

Me and the field.  There were 19,100 fans at the game- another record for the ESL teams.  There is talk we might be moved up to the MSL!


Bug will home tomorrow.  I miss him when he is gone.

Love and hugs,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment