Sunday, June 05, 2016

9th family day, last day of school, swimming and quilting

Wow- I can not believe that is has been 9 years since Bug and I became a family.  This week was a stroll down memory lane as facebook kept sending me pictures I posted years ago. 
This is where we started- Bug a 21 month old munchkin.

Now, he is a 10 year old wild man.  He is on the cusp of being a teenager and it scares me.  I am not sure I am ready for this adventure at all.


Such a handsome little man
He had field day at school, so he got to be out of uniform.  His team did not win and he was not happy.  There was an award ceremony in the afternoon and he did get a number of awards, include an award for his work in music class!  I am very proud of how well he did this year.  He really worked hard.  He needs to maintain the momentum through the summer an be ready for 6th grade in the fall.  He does have to learn to listen more- he got off track the last few weeks of school.  But, again, he did great and I am so proud of him. He moved up in his math level!
 

The last day of school- Friday 03Jun2016.

As always, change is hard for him, so while he is excited for the end of school, he is always dreading it.  The last day was planned as a half day of school- ending with a school picnic. When I told him he was coming home after the picnic, he was not happy.  He wanted to stay at school and play games all afternoon. 

Bug and A1 at the bus stop, with the dogs, Lulu and Jazz behind them. 

In the evening, there was a pool party at the local swimming club.  this is Bug, totally bored, waiting for his friends to get to the party.

Still bored and he would not get into the pool until his friends got to the party.

finally, friends for me to hang out with while the kids played.  Loved this ladies.

Having a great time in the water.


Buddies: from Kindergarten through 5th grade, these boys have been together.  Now as they enter middle school, life is good.

Adding one of their classmates to the mix.

Saturday, Bug and his buddy worked on an Eagle scout project for part of the day.  I picked them up at 3 pm and took them to the movies to see teenage mutant ninja turtles.  It was a great movie according to the boys, but I think it was a horrible movie.  After the movie, the friend came over to our house for some play time- they are playing Star Wars.  It was a good start to the summer.


Today I continued working on Bug's newest quilt. I have finished the pattern. I just need to put on the 2 border- which might end up being more so I get the quilt to be big enough for his bed. The theme is Star Wars.

 
I am taking a vacation day tomorrow and Bug and I are talking about going to the zoo.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment