Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Falco flys the coop

Our adventure has come to an end.  Falco has left to return to Austria after finishing his semester here in the US. I don't like it one bit.
 
First some other photos- Rocket under his finished quilt.  He is one happy camper.  I finished it on Saturday and he has been using it ever since.  He really likes it.

Tuesday, Rocket got new braces.  He refuses to smile so I can get a picture of them.  Right now he is a lot of pain.  But I have been told that the pain lasts for 3 days, which means I should expect 5-6 days of pain for Rocket.  The pain was so bad this morning, he asked me to make mashed potatoes for him because eating bacon and French toast (last meal with us for Falco) was too painful.

Yesterday, Tuesday, Falco reading Rocket the letter he wrote him.  Rocket is fake crying so he does actually cry.  I was crying when I read my letter. 

I forgot to get the last day of school picture last week with falco, so this is the last night in our house picture. 
It was raining, so it had to be on the porch.  Falco is happy to leave this crazy weather- one day cold and the next day warm.  he is looking forward to snow back home.

We had another AFS student stay with us last night so I could take him to the airport too.  He and Falco came in on the same flight, but did not know each other, and they are going home on the same flight.  They have become good friends over the last 5 months.  I hope they continue their friendship as they are only about an hour apart in Europe.  A does not live in Austria, but he lives close.

Falco got up with us this morning and then went to bus stop with us.  I think it was to spend a few more minutes with Rocket since he would be gone by the time Rocket gets home from school.

I took the boys to the airport and got to see them into security and then at the bottom of the escalator after they cleared security.  This is normally the viewing area for people waiting for arrivals, so I had the lounge to myself while I waited for them to come down. 

The barrier is between us- literally and figuratively.  Now he belongs to his natural family again and we will be memory- a good memory, but not the focus.  I am going to miss this young man something terrible.  He was a joy to host. I am not sure how we are going to make it through the next few days.

And they are off - down the hallway to the terminal to catch a flight to Chicago and then home to Austria.

Bon Voyage my son!  Love you and miss you.
 
I know we are going to see him again in September, but that is so far away.   I need to go have a cry and get Rocket off the bus.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment