Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Last week of the holidays

these pictures are in reverse order.   01Jan2017, we had a goodbye party for Falco, for his friends and the scouts.  His scoutmaster and his 2 boys came over- I was expecting at least 30-40 people.  We have lots of hot dogs, chips and cake left over.  I was so disappointed for Falco.  I invited the scouts, he invited the folks from cross country to come.  It was sad.  We missed Rocket's tournament game to stay home for the party.  I know things happen, but I just feel bad for Falco.  Thankfully, he has dinner out with some of the AFS kids this Saturday and the family goodbye party on Sunday.  I will probably take him out for dinner on Monday too.

This is Pablo's baby "Krumpus".  We are one week from Christmas and it is de-fluffed and ripped apart.  This dog loves to destroy his toys.

the boys being silly.  I am going to miss this, as much as I complain to the 2 of them to knock it off. There has been a ramp up of bickering with each other over the break.  I am thinking they needed less time together. 

Over the break, I finished quilting Rocket's Star Wars quilt.  this is the back of it.  the blue at the bottom is supposed to glow in the dark.  We'll see.

this is the front- a close up.  I like the quilting- it took forever though.  I could do about 6 rows in an hour.

this is the entire front on the dinning room floor.  I just need to get the binding on and it is done.  I was hoping to finish it over the break, but I think it will be by the end of the month- maybe before my birthday.

Rocket had a tournament on the 31st and 1st- it is actually still going on, games are on the weekend.  This was the game on the 31st- they WON!!! I missed the game on the 1st due to the party, and Rocket scored a basket. In the game below, he made a foul, so he is in the scorebook now (this is normally not a good thing, but in this case it means he was in getting into the middle of things, which is HUGE for him).  He also had a number of rebounds, but the ball would not go in the basket.  I am so proud of him.



I took the boys to the art museum on Thursday.  This is what Rocket thought of the museum.  Falco enjoyed it.



My silly teen.  He is such a gansta.  NOT!!!

We went to the main library on Monday and visited the maker space.  the library has all these cool machines to use- we made some stickers for our computers.  Mine are the butterflies, Falco has some Falco stickers, and Rocket choose the Hunger Games. 

We also did some 3D printing.  So cool.  We want to come down and do some laser cutting on wood next time. 

picking a design.
We are in the last week with Falco- HOW DID THAT HAPPEN.  He has told me that I am not allowed to cry.  I have told him he is not the boss of my emotions and I will cry if I want to.  He is not happy with that response as he does not want me to cry because then he will cry.  I will do my best not to upset him, but I am not sure it is going to work.  We are going to miss him something fierce.    If course, I am also looking forward to getting my bedroom back, much to Rocket's dismay.  He wants to keep the larger bedroom- HAHAHA.
 
I am not going to be sad until next week.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment