Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Great Nieces in the house

We got a treat last night- my great nieces were brought over so we could meet them.  They were born on 26Dec, so they were 9 days old last night!  The mommas (Momma and Mommy) came for dinner too.  You will note the lack of pictures with the boys- they refused to hold the babies or really look at them.  BOYS!
 
here is Mam holding Harper- I am using their names since their mommas use their names on social media.  She is also known as peanut.
 
I am holding Hannah AKA Pumpkin.  She is so small.  Actually Harper is smaller but both are less than 5 pounds in weight.  I think that is like maybe 3 kgs.  Hannah is longer, so she is in newborn size clothes, while Harper is still in preemie size clothes.  The girls were born almost 3 weeks early.



Me and the mommas with Harper. 
both the girls.  I remember holding my niece when she was hours old, but don't remember her being this small.  I got really sad last night because I do not have memory of holding Rocket when he was this small.  Why I was sad I don't know, but I was.  I kept telling Mam I want a baby this small- but they grow and I know the next stage is not as fun as this stage- they slept most of the night. 

 
Mam with her great grand daughters (daughters of her grand daughter). 

 
random photo of the sunrise this morning.  yesterday it was 50 degrees F (15 C) and today it will not even be above freezing.  The high temp today will be 30 F which is -1 C.

 
Rocket got his last Christmas present- Lederhosen from Austria.  He was sort of excited, then Falco showed him the secret and they were really cool then.  Of course I will spare you the details and the demonstration from Falco (fully clothed) of how to use the secret- but let's just say I was blushing.  BOYS!

 
that's all for today- 7 more days (1 week) until I put Falco on a plane.  I am feeling weepy already.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment