Wednesday, June 06, 2018

The Museums- 06Jun20108

 today we headed to the museums.  The boy was not feeling too good- he stayed up too late watching a movie (the consequence of having 2 TVs in the room).  So an early morning (8 am) and off to the museums after Momi arrived at 9:45 am. 

I love looking at the Maya statues.






 I really like that the museum has a courtyard.  It makes the museum so comfortable.  The sunlight pours in, the air moves around and you can see the monuments as they would be in their original setting (at least that is what I imagine).
 The boy copying the funeral mask.  I think he has it down.


 The fountain in the courtyard.
 After the archaeology museum, we went to the natural history museum.  The boy was over it, too many school kids- they take the entire school on field trips here. He did not want to be looked at (this from the kid who wanted blue hair).
 A Quetzal- The boy and I need to go to the reserve next time we come so we can see them in the wild.  They dont live in captivity, so these are stuffed

the Mayan Empire- from the south of Mexico to Honduras.

We went back to the hotel after this, the boy was very grouchy.  I took a nap during the thunderstorm this afternoon and then the boy and I had a talk about his behavior and attitude.  I think he gets it.

I am starting a list now- things the boy has eaten here that he will not eat at home and what he calls them here

"little cucumber things" = zucchini (in his pasta)
Ham = Ham (in his sandwich)
Vegetables like mushrooms, etc which he never eats at home.

I foresee some changes in our diet at home after this trip.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment