Sunday, May 01, 2011

playing at the park instead of cleaning

Today we are celebrating my mother's birthday, so Saturday, we should have been cleaning the house.  But the weather was too lovely, so I took Bug to the park to play.  The pictures show how much Bug has grown.  I will have to find the first picture of him on this slide, I think he was just as tall as he looks here standing on his knees.  WOW.  Of course he has grown another .25 inches this month, so I am not sure why I am surprised.

He begged to swing on the tire swing.  This is normally not one of his favorites, but he is growing up and this was the favorite today.

The more I spun him and swung him, the happier he was.

He did have to swing on the regular swings.  We freaked out another mom though.  Bug likes to go high, so to get him started I push hum by running underneath him.  The other mom watching was on the verge of screaming.
Bug was laughing and laughing the entire time.

When he finally slowed down, he showed me how he can hold his body straight.


He did some boat driving

And some standing on the bow.

Then he found the two brothers with swords and that was it- pirate nene came to play.  He wanted one of the swords to play with and finally one of boys let him use it.  Bug was not going to let go of it at all.  He ran around for another hour playing with the kid's sword. 

he did some swinging off the 'vine'.  He was not happy when I told him that he had to give the kid  back his sword.  Bug spent the night with Mam and Pap last night so I could go to a party with friends from college.  I had not seen most of them since college.  I had a great time and so did Bug.

Well, I am off to celebrate my mom's birthday.  Bug and I would also like to send birthday wishes to Popi Carlos.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment