Tuesday, October 18, 2011

friends and school work

Bug's best buddy is Little M.  Bug would play with little M every single day.  The 2 together can be a handful, but for the most part, the boys are great together.
The best part of the boys being friends, is that Little M's mom and I are becoming good friends.  while the boys play, we sit and chat.  it is so true what I was told many years ago, once you have kids, you meet more people.  I think back to all my friends now and realize that most of them have come into my life thru Bug- either thru the adoption process or thru meeting other families in the neighborhood.  This is not to say that I don't have friends from other times in my life (high school, college, work). It is just that being a parent opened up a whole new social circle. And I am very happy about that.

The boys being boys.

Bug starts spelling test this week. to make practicing his words more fun, I asked him to write them on the chalk board.  he got 6 of the 10 words right the first time we practiced.  Today, he only missed one word.  So tomorrow we will work on that one and then Thursday do another full list review so that he is ready on Friday.  I think he likes this part of practicing his words.

He also is reading 2 full books a night- sometimes to me and sometimes to his animals.  It is amazing to see the progress from last year to this year and even the progress from the beginning of the school year until now.  I am looking forward to seeing this progress thru the rest of the year.

After Bug finishes reading to his animals or me, I read another 2-4 books to him.  We read any where from 30-60 minutes an evening.  This does not include his reading homework every night (one story in his reading book).  I hope that he becomes a life long reader.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment