Sunday, October 30, 2011

a fun filled weekend



Saturday was a busy day for us.  We started with quilting.  Yes, I took Bug.  He is making pit holders for his teacher.  First some ironing

Then Momma getting the bobbin all set

The pictures are going to be out of order now, blogger is being bad.  one of the pot holder almost done.  It just needs the binding, which I will have to put on later this week.

Bug doing the stitching on the sewing machine.  He was really careful and listened very well to what I was telling him.  Bug he lost interest after 1 hour of quilting.

In the afternoon, we had a birthday party to attend.  The party was at a bowling alley.  Bug loved the ramp.

We we first got to the bowling alley, it was set up for 'glow bowl', and the boys loved it.  I think I know what kind of party Bug is getting for his birthday!!!

Momma- would you stop following me with the camera!!!!

Awesome cake for N


Some more bowling

blowing out his candle. 

yummy cake
and delicious ice cream

After the party, we went to dinner with the birthday boy.  N was not too excited to wear the birthday hat that the resturant provided while they sang the birthday song. But Bug was happy to wear it.
Today, Sunday, we carved our pumpkins

the pumpkin guts

Bug pulling out the guts- he actually did it this year.  Usually he is not anywhere near this part.

But he did show me his feelings about it.  We cook up the seeds and they are yummy. Bug has some for his school snack tomorrow.

Then tonight, I fired up the fire pit and we roasted some marshmellows. Bug was determine to get as close to the fire pit as possible.

Our finished pumpkins

smores!!!!

I like my marshmellows crispy on the outside which requires them to be on fire at some point. Bug  thought it was cool.


Bug's finished pot holder.  he did a great job sewing his pattern. He also provided the stetches for the pumpkin faces.  He is growing up so fast.
That's all for this weekend, Halloween is tomorrow and I will have pictures in the evening of the fun and excitement.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment