Sunday, January 08, 2012

Bowling with Koki

Today, after an epic failure as a mom (trust me, I will be feeling the guilt on this one for the rest of my life), I took Bug bowling.  Initially, we had hoped to have A and N with us, but they both had to say no.  As we were driving to the bowling alley, I realized that Koki will be leaving us in a few days and Bug would love to have to Koki join us for bowling.  So a quick call to see if Koki was up for bowling (as we pulled into my sister's driveway) and we were off.  Bug was so excited and I think Koki was too.

We did not get to have glo bowl, where they turn on the black lights, but we had a lot of fun for almost 2 hours. Bug did not want to use the ramp to bowl with, but we did have the bumpers up.  He is very good at bowling.

Koki and I had a mini competition going- who would win.  I won the first game and then Koki won the second.  it was all fun, just hanging out laughing and enjoying the afternoon.


Bug had the best technique- throw the ball and then turn and walk away.  I realized the more I watched, the more he has the right philosophy for life, do what you can and then don't worry about what is coming next.  There is no need to watch.  let it go and move on.




Bug had to have a drink during the games.  He was sucking down his soda.

And then there was the wardrobe change, the rolling up of pant legs- too cute.

Some stealing of a hat to play around with.

He is the cutest hat stealer I know.

The handsome young men.

The gang, Bug is hanging 10 today.
I took the boys to dinner at the Mexican restaurant next door to the bowling alley (yum).  Notice anything???  I saw it when I took this picture- Bug's face has thinned out again, meaning he has grown in the last 2 days.  Sure enough, I measured him when we got home and he has grown a quarter inch (.25) since I measured him.  putting on school pants tomorrow should be fun.  I think we are going to have to go buy some new pants this week and donate the current pants to hermano's school wardrobe.

it was a good ending to an emotional day.  Bug and I may recover from my parenting blunder but it is going to take a lot of work and effort on my part.  I pretty much undermined all the progress we made over the last 2 years in attachment.  I definitely need some prayers and help.

I am worn out tonight.

Love and hugs,
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough day as a mom. I always have a shoulder to cry on or good ears for listening if you ever need them...don't hesitate. And sorry we weren't able to join you guys today. After I got off the phone, I realized that I assumed you knew Nicholas had surgery and that's why he was in pain. Not sure if you saw that on the blog or not. He's been doing well but at lunch he said he was in pain and wanted to go home. Sorry for the late notice. He'll be able to do strenous activity in 3 weeks so I think we'll wait and then ask for a raincheck. Hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bug is really getting big!

    Don't be too hard on yourself. A sincere apology and an obviously broken heart over it will go a long way toward rebuilding the trust and strengthening the relationship.

    Signed,
    Your friend who can also be an epic failure as a mother. :-)

    ReplyDelete