Sunday, May 06, 2012

The week in review

The pictures are slightly out of order, but this is out week.  Last Saturday, 28Apr, we served at church.  we worked with the kids ministry and the kids had serving opportunities too (the adults went out to serve in the community).  The kids made "kindness to go packages".  In about 30 minutes, these kids made 500 bags to hand out.
Then they moved to the next room to make book marks for the WHIZ kids program.  They colored, put on stickers and had a great time.  We took a break for lunch and then moved on to the last service project.

The kids made drinks for the adults coming back to the church after serving.  The adults started coming back early due to the rain that started. But the kids were ready.


making peach mango juice for the adults

This is part of the 500 kindness to go bags

This is the view from Bug's bedroom window of the neighbor's deck.  They are adding on to the end to reach out to the pool.  This is only 8-10 feet from Bug's room

Mam, Bug and me (momma) in our Super Serve tee shirts

This is the picture from my east facing window- from here I can only see the end of the desk, but I get the pool. These will make sense when you get to the last picture of the deck below.

Bug, melting butter to make pancakes.  He had a great time making pancakes on this Saturday, 05May2012,

This is the picture from my north facing window.  The deck is 8-10 feet from my bedroom window.  It is directly level with my window.  Usually the neighbors have their grill right at the side closest to my window.  They also put their chairs and tables close to this side too.  Needless to say, I am not too excited about this.  They love to have parties that go until 5 am.  even if the party ends, they sit outside and talk and smoke.  which means, even with my windows closed, I hear the conversation- not clearly, but I can hear them.  Bug is even starting to comment on noise from next door.  I think I am going to have to put in some fast growing bushes to block some of the noise and light from the porch.  I am still thinking in on it.

The face I see on a regular basis.  I think this is gong to a face we see hourly when we are on vacation in Guatemala.  NOTE: this face usually gets Bug in trouble because he is getting ready to disobey or whine or back talk me.  All of which are not allowed because is all about disrespecting Momma and not being safe (when in the kitchen).

See, 30 minutes later, while he was eating, he gave me the same look.  All because I asked him a question.

Bug's design for the quilt block- the astronaut, that now is clearly a bear.  I love it.  Bug helped me design the block and then I picked the colors from the fabrics in the block of month fabrics.  While I like the end result, I am not doing this type of block again- the hexes (shape).  Most of the sewing is hand sewing and I am not a hand sewer for my quilts, I am machine quilter.
This is the other block I made, there are few gaps.  But again, the hexes still had to be hand sown. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

This is the stitching (machine stitching) on the bear.  I had fun with this part.  I like the variegated thread. 

Today, 06May, we celebrated Mam's birthday.  her birthday was actually on 01May, but we save celebrations for the weekend.  Bug was all set to blow out the candles for Mam.

getting ready while everyone was singing to Mam.

Yep, 66 years young.
Mister Happy Face and Momma.  He was not too excited at this point about serving at church.

So what is missing- Bug's last soccer game.  Pictures of that coming tomorrow.  Only 4 more weeks until the end of school and then we are off to Guatemala to see our Compassion kids and Popi, Momi, Susi, Karla and Andrea!!!!!!!  I am so ready for a vacation.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment