Monday, October 01, 2012

Pertussis (Whooping cough) sucks

I have been dealing with Pertussis for the last month.  Though I was vaccinated as a child and Bug was vaccinated, I got it.  Apparently there are enough stupid (my opinion) people who choose not to vaccinate their kids, that other vaccinated kids become carriers and bring disease home to parents who have lost their immunity.  Yes, I am not happy.  Pertussis in adults is  called "100 day cough".  I am on day 30. I have a long way to go before I am better.  Worse, at the early stages, any baby we came in contact with is at risk, because babies under the age of 12 months have not received enough of vaccinations to be covered.  Thankfully, I have not been close enough to the 2 babies in our neighborhood to expose them.   But seriously, I am not happy with people who choose not to vaccinate and then carry on like they have nothing to worry about. This totally sucks for me and for Bug.  he was scared tonight as I was throwing up from coughing so much.  He should not have to worry about how sick his momma is at his age.

It has been an all around rough day for me- I took an early lunch because  I needed to rest. Then due to the rain, we had a quiet evening at home.  Apparently I overdid it though, with my quilting, because as soon as I finished the last block below, the coughing really started.  I don't think reading 3 books to Bug helped my throat, but he enjoyed the books and I love reading to him


Quilt blocks:
this is Dresden plate for the block of month quilt I am working on.  It is not the way the online instructor showed us, but it is how I did it.  After these 2 Dresden plates (second one below), I don't ever want to do these block again.


Dresden plate 2- Bug liked this one.  I think I figured it out, but I still don't want to do this one again.  Too much work to do the middle.


The block for September, yes, I am behind, are variations on the 'drunkards path".  I choose not do the first block like the instructor showed us as her way is WAY TOO complicated.  I went back to how I had done the variation called "vines of friendship' which was the variation I used for the quilts I made for Popi Carlos, Momi Mireya, Susi, Karla and Nigua.  I love this block.  Block 2 for the month of September is another variation on the drunkard's path, but I don't like the variation, so I am going to get my pattern book out and look for another variation that I like.


While I was quilting, Bug played with the camera. 

Bug, self photo


Silly self photo- checking out his missing front teeth


I have no clue what this is, but I think it is the spine of the book he was reading to me.


My kid is a Trekkie.


And he got a good picture of Pablo.


Finally, 2.5 hours later, my coughing seems to have abated.  Perhaps I will get some sleep tonight.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment